Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Carmelo Anthony Surpasses LeBron In NBA Jersey Sales
New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony has put together an MVP-type season.
And fans have noticed.
For the first time since the NBA began releasing jersey sales in 2001-02, Anthony has the top-selling jersey in the NBA this season, climbing ahead of Miami Heat All-Star LeBron James who had the top spot from April 2012 through November 26, 2012. Numbers are based on sales at NBAStore.com and the NBA Store in Manhattan.
The top 15 best-selling individual NBA jerseys, according to the league:
1. Anthony, up from No. 4
2. James, who has been No. 1 three times
3. Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant
4. Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant, who has been No. 1 six times
5. Chicago's Derrick Rose, who has not played this season
6. Brooklyn's Deron Williams
7. Miami's Dwyane Wade
8. Boston's Rajon Rondo
9. Clippers' Chris Paul
10. Clippers' Blake Griffin
11. Cleveland's Kyrie Irving, who is on the list for the first time and the only second-year player in the top 15
12. Lakers' Dwight Howard
13. Thunder's Russell Westbrook
14. Knicks' Amar'e Stoudemire, who was not in the top 15 in the November list
15. Boston's Paul Pierce
Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki and Los Angeles Lakers' Steve Nash dropped out.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment